Re: [Axiom-developer] new release and SuSE Linux

From: Martin Baker
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] new release and SuSE Linux
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 07:56:29 +0100

Tim,

OK, looks like you have things well in hand and you are obviously very busy
with all this so it probably best if I don't take up any more of your time
now.

Just for the record this is the issue that I was seeing (in the unlikely event
that your tests could have missed it).

When I first started using Axiom last year with the May 2009 release and
openSUSE 11.1 and I was getting:

>> System error:
Unknown bfd format

whenever draw was called or when I tried to compile an SPAD file.

However since then there have been lots of new versions of Axiom and a new
version of openSUSE and I must admit I have lost track of which combinations
that I have tried and if I added:
ulimit -v unlimited
to the startup script.

So when you release the new software I will try it and let you know if there
is still an issue (openSUSE 11.3 is coming soon so I will try on that).

Thanks,

Martin Baker