Re: [Axiom-developer] Compilation problem

From: Fabio S.
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compilation problem
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:50:56 +0200 (CEST)

Tim,

the output of

make NOISE=

is quite long, of course. The last part in the screen is:

Overfull \hbox (4.50002pt too wide) detected at line 8232
 \OT1/cmr/m/n/10 1183

Overfull \hbox (4.50002pt too wide) detected at line 8233
 \OT1/cmr/m/n/10 1184

Overfull \hbox (4.50002pt too wide) detected at line 8234
 \OT1/cmr/m/n/10 1191
[193] [194]) [195] (./toc.aux)

LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

 )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on toc.dvi (195 pages, 2065068 bytes).
Transcript written on toc.log.
make[1]: uscita dalla directory «/home/stumbo/download/axiom/books»

What about the RAM? Is it a trivial question?
If I am not wrong, axiom uses only up to 1Gb of RAM: on modern systems this can be a limit.

Fabio

Fabio,

I have seen this before.
The problem occurs earlier in the build.
I don't have a 64 bit system available at the moment
so I cannot test it here. Type:

 make NOISE=

and send me the output.

Tim

Another question: I have 8 Gb of RAM.
I would like that axiom uses most of it. Say, 7 Gb.
What should I change in the source to acheive this?

Moreover, is there a variable to set to force a binary version of axiom to use all that RAM?

Thanks

Fabio