Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Code Graphs

From: daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Code Graphs
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 19:55:55 -0500

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 10:54 +1100, Minh Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 5:24 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I am experimenting with dynamic code graphs for the Axiom source code.
> > I have put up 3 graphs, two come from the Jenks book flyleaf.
> > One is the graph of the source code for the compiler.
>
> Do you happen to know how the graphs are produced?  I'm interested in
> an automated way to produce such graphs from each source release of
> Axiom.

Yes, the nodes are intended to be active with hover information
and links to the code in the literate sources. Of course, I
still have to figure out how to make that work.

I'm also thinking about a breadth-first expansion of the selected
node so you could navigate. Clicking on a node shows the nearest
neighbors and hides the rest. That's still to be coded and tried.