Re: [Axiom-developer] read-from-string bug

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] read-from-string bug
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:55:04 -0500

Thanks!  Will post on this shortly.  In the mean time, I have the
following ia64 only axiom build bug:

(sid)address@hidden:~/axiom-20110301a/int/algebra$
../../obj/linux/bin/interpsys
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.7 CLtL1    May 12 2011 03:42:00
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd,xgcl)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (XGCL READLINE UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
Temporary directory for compiler files set to /tmp/
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                         Version: Axiom (March 2011)
               Timestamp: Monday January 2, 2012 at 21:29:17
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
   Visit http://axiom-developer.org for more information

(1) -> )co AHYP
   Compiling AXIOM source code from file
      /home/camm/axiom-20110301a/int/algebra/AHYP.spad using old system
      compiler.
   AHYP abbreviates category ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory
(1) ->

should be

address@hidden:~/debian/axiom/axiom-20110301a/int/algebra$
../../obj/linux/bin/interpsys
GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.6.7 CLtL1    May 11 2011 20:18:12
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd,xgcl)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (XGCL READLINE UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.
Temporary directory for compiler files set to /tmp/
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                         Version: Axiom (March 2011)
               Timestamp: Thursday July 14, 2011 at 19:25:29
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
   Visit http://axiom-developer.org for more information

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase
(1) -> )co AHYP
   Compiling AXIOM source code from file
      /home/camm/debian/axiom/axiom-20110301a/int/algebra/AHYP.spad
      using old system compiler.
   AHYP abbreviates category ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory
   initializing nrlib AHYP for ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory
   compiling into nrlib AHYP

;;;     ***       |ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory| REDEFINED
Time: 0 SEC.

   finalizing nrlib AHYP
   Processing ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory for Browser database:
--------(acosh ($ $))---------
--------(acoth ($ $))---------
--------(acsch ($ $))---------
--------(asech ($ $))---------
--------(asinh ($ $))---------
--------(atanh ($ $))---------
--------constructor---------
; (DEFUN |ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory| ...) is being compiled.
;; The variable |ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory;AL| is undefined.
;; The compiler will assume this variable is a global.
   ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory is now explicitly exposed in frame
      initial
   ArcHyperbolicFunctionCategory will be automatically loaded when
      needed from
      /home/camm/debian/axiom/axiom-20110301a/int/algebra/AHYP.nrlib/code

Where do I look?

Take care,