Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling Axiom on Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit

From: daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling Axiom on Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 11:34:25 -0500

>Is there a list somewhere of integrals which can be solved in closed form
>by Axiom/FriCAS, but cannot be solved by the most recent versions of
>Maple/Mathematica?  I would be very interested in seeing such a list - but
>I don't myself have access at the moment to either Maple or Mathematica.

See the computer algebra test suite page:
http://axiom-developer.org/axiom-website/CATS/index.html

It contains Axiom's answers for Schaums integrals, the Charlwood integrals,
and many of the Rich integrals, about 18000 integration tests so far. There
are also tests of ordinary differential equations, the Kamke test suite. If
you know of any other test suites I would be interested.

Albert Rich (see the sci.math.symbolic mailing list) has tested his set
on all of the systems. MMA and Maple do quite well on his test suite,
well beyond what Axiom can do, for non-Risch integrals.

I have been working with Albert to implement his machinery although
none of that work is yet public. The plan is to be able to do all of
his integrals (about 50000).