Re: [Axiom-developer] Design of Semantic Latex

From: Tim Daly
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Design of Semantic Latex
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 08:25:03 -0400

The weaver program can now process a latex document.
The end result is a tree structure of the same document.
There is still more to do, of course. Much more.

It is clear that the semantics of the markup tags are all in
the weaver program. This is obvious in hindsight since the
markup needs to be transparent to the print representation.

The parser needs to know the 'arity' of tags since \tag{a}{b}
would parse one way, \tag{a}, for a 1-arity tag and another
way \tag{a}{b} for a 2-arity tag. The code needs to be generalized
to parse given the arity.

The weaver program is structured so that the tree-parse output
is independent of Axiom. The Axiom rewrite will take the tree
as input and produce valid Axiom inputforms. This should make
it possible to target any CAS.

Onward and upward, as they say....

Tim