[Axiom-developer] Guido steps down after community turmoil

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Guido steps down after community turmoil
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 19:48:14 -0400

Apparently he found it exhausting that "so many people despise my decisions".
Note the choice of words: 'despise', not 'disagree'. You can feel the sense of
being under personal attack.

He writes: So what are you all going to do? Create a democracy? Anarchy? A
dictatorship? A federation? I'll still be here, but I'm trying to let you all figure
something out for yourselves. I'm tired, and need a very long break.

You can feel the stress he is under. He has spent years on Python,
not only as a author but as the PRIMARY author.

I have memories of writing a similar email. I do not envy him.

As the saying goes, "You can tell the leader. He's the one with all the
arrows in his back."

I wish him peace.