axiom-mail

[Axiom-mail] Bourbaki as default pamphlet author name

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Bourbaki as default pamphlet author name
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 06:46:42 -0400

Bertfried,

You make an interesting argument. It would be a pleasant surprise to be
able to officially draft the work as anonymous "Bourbaki" mathematics.
When I finish the build system we will certainly be building mathematics
from the ground up :-)

Pamphlet files, as they currently exist, are a shadow of what we'd like
to be able to do. I have permission from several people to weave
their Ph.D thesis work into the documentation of Axiom's mathematics.
Eventually the plan is to have a much extended form of pamphlet files
as the required format for Axiom Journal submissions. Booklets, built
on pamphlets, are planned as cross-sections of topics within Axiom to
be used for teaching and documentation.

The 30 year vision is a well-documented and extensive set of constructive
executable mathematics.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden