bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Settings for Bayonne 1.2.15

From: barclay
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Settings for Bayonne 1.2.15
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:10:48 -0500

Hello All,

Can someone point me in the right direction for the settings

I need to have for SiteMon see all of my machines?

A second question is, will this allow me to set a %global.variable

that is accessible from all machines when configured properly?

My Network Setup:

Netblock:          202.210.216.224/27

Gateway:          202.210.216.225

IVR01:              202.210.216.233

IVR02:              202.210.216.234

IVR03:              202.210.216.235

IVR04:              202.210.216.236

Broadcast:        202.210.216.255

Etc.

I have played with what I THINK should work but

I never see any other machines other than the

locally running instance.

[network]

; broadcast address address to use with other nodes

broadcast = 207.210.216.255

; refresh interval for nodes

refresh = 5

; time to live for a node

live = 30

; time to elect a new buddy

elect = 120

; time to expire a buddy

expire = 300

; The address and port to bind to for sending Bayonne network

; broadcast messages.  Note that if the bind(2) system call fails for

; the address you give, Bayonne will terminate immediately WITH NO

; SENSIBLE ERROR MESSAGE.  So if you try to run Bayonne and it just

; says "Aborting" and dumps core, double-check that you didn't make a

; typo here.  Also make sure that your machine actually has an

; interface with the address you give, and that the UID that Bayonne

; is running as really does have permission to bind to it.

address = 207.210.216.233:7000

; bayonnedb database server to connect to

database = 207.210.216.233:7002

; host address to bind monitor to

monitor = 207.210.216.233:7070

Thanks in advance for *ANY* pointers.

Stephen Barclay

Senior Engineer/Developer

ph:    972-841-1313

MSN:   steph (at) steph-n-wendy (daught) com

AIM:   sbarclay8308

Yahoo: sbarclay8308