bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Project Updates, GNU Telephony Open Embedded, etc

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Project Updates, GNU Telephony Open Embedded, etc
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:35:08 -0400

I had a lot of interesting project updates over the weekend. First, we have a new snmp monitoring plugin contributed for the production release of Bayonne, and this will appear in 1.2.16, which will also have a new globalcall driver based in part on an older release, 1.2.11, but with some entirely new patches carried forward as well. I am looking for this work to be completed and tested either this week or next.

Second, there is a new production release of ccaudio, 1.2.0. This has a number of critical fixes related to header rewrites at close, particularly for .wav files.

Third, I have moved (redirected) several of our web sites over to the new wiki over the weekend. I will probably redirect some additional sites today.

Finally, for those who in the past have asked for arm ports of our libraries, I have already done some preliminary work in this area with open embedded to shoehorn linphone onto gpe on a ipaq. We are going to have a broader effort in this regard to make all our packages work with open embedded to build for handheld targets, for wireless routers, and storage appliances that are possible to target already through Open Embedded, and this will be done through a subproject on the wiki. Part of this process will also involve supporting "lightweight" builds of some of our libraries.