bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne 2.1 and other updates

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne 2.1 and other updates
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:51:21 -0500

Today I am preparing what will be Bayonne2 2.1.  This release is
actually a milestone release in that it introduces PBX-style features
for call management.  It also introduces an entirely new integrated and
standard compliant XMLRPC service that exposes the server to remote
management and control, and which will be used to offer a model for
offering enterprise telephony services through XMLRPC.  In the future I
believe we will see front end applications written in the newly freed Java.

I have actually been without development facilities for over two months
now.  I have already spent some $20K for renovations and rebuilding, and
for replacement equipment from the flooding.  However, I do not expect
to have our new facilities to be inhabitable until next week, or
operational before the end of the month.  I also expect to be generally
unreachable over the next few weeks.  Hence it was a strange time to
introduce a release with significant changes.  However, it basically
brings the Bayonne distribution complete to all current work that was
underway, and it gives a good idea of how I plan to take the server
forward over the next year.  I also expect it may be the last release I
will be able to distribute until the end of the year.