bbdb-user

Conversion of old db

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Conversion of old db
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 14:35:02 -0600

No highjacking a thread but Roland wrote ...

On 26 December 2019 at 13:53, Roland Winkler wrote:
| When you load your old database into BBDB 3, it will convert the old
| database to the new format.

... as I have been stuck at that point for "some time now". I have been using
vm and bbdb since the nineties, but for "some time now" (two years?) my .bbdb
has been stale. I save the old one, but do not know how to get it over.

  edd@rob:~$ ls -lh .bbdb*
  -rw-r--r-- 1 edd edd 4.1K Sep  1 16:04 .bbdb
  -rw------- 1 edd edd 3.5M Nov 13  2018 .bbdb.BackupToKeep
  edd@rob:~$

When I try the old one in the new/current codebase (I run 3.2) it spends a
jolly good time importing (and complaining about dublicates) only to end in

  bbdb-check-mail: Not enough arguments for format string

Any suggestions, especially for a non-elisp-writing programmer?

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | address@hidden