bbdb-user

Re: Handling "via" addresses

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Handling "via" addresses
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 14:33:13 -0400

> * Roland Winkler <jvaxyre@tah.bet> [2022-07-07 23:03:07 -0500]:
>
> Even if mail-extract-address-components applies mostly misguided
> heuristics, switching to mail-header-parse-address can give rise to
> surprises for some users.

Maybe.

Note, however, that currently `mail-extract-address-components' causes
serious trouble with " via " From headers
(and, actually, some From headers with "many" words).

IOW, my patch fixes a bug.

> I want to look into this more carefully.

Please do.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com