bhpos-bert

[Bhpos-bert] mile

From: Sophie Tuttle
Subject: [Bhpos-bert] mile
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 07:19:34 +0200

He sold the loan of it to others and theywent off looking for birds to shoot. My place down there didntturn out too good. I never took a second cut since I was a learner. His old man was atrouble-maker and a convict.
It had soaked through hisboots, his cap, and the shoulders of his tunic.
Hell try that once too often, that old bull, Sambo said. He snatched a mug of tea with one of them at the roadside. Berry rubbed his hands, soft from working in the greasy wool,together.
He changed his mind then, Liams wife said. Soon, Larry thought, looking at the gates of the sunset, unbarredfor some climactic advent. He leant out to saygood-bye, but Larry rode past with his head down. The Scotchman hesitated and his strength drained out.
With sadfatalistic faces they trotted on as though entranced by anapproaching doom.
Like Goggs he was no simple child of thebush. Coyle rooted in his pocket and brought out anewspaper cutting. Half an hour later tenhorsemen left the Travellers Rest in the same direction. He said there wasnt no gold, Teresa said. He had fine features and small fine hands. Wait tillthey bring in a few more Chows and kanakas and immigrants to cutdown your cheques. Theres getting too many dagoes and new-chums in this country,thats a cert, Wagner admitted. My place down there didntturn out too good.
Ill pay you fifteen bob a hundred for to-days lot andperhaps youll have a bit of care in future. Here was a world different from his, where the things most valuedwere not the things he did best. Sounds as if Joe made a bit of a red-ragger out ofyou down in that store.
He dug holes allover the place and never discovered anything worth twopence. The others stopped at the door of the hut watching them.
Afew shearers with sparrow guns aint enough. The bunks were made of rough slabs covered with straw. But Berry flared up against Coyles entranced gaze watching himclosely. Twelve oclock will be a bit too late for somebody.
Afew shearers with sparrow guns aint enough.
Wait tillthey bring in a few more Chows and kanakas and immigrants to cutdown your cheques. The bunks were made of rough slabs covered with straw. It means youought to be working in a butcher shop, not shearing good sheep.
Aint you goin to the gold rush, Mr Cabell?
Liam ran into the street with his axe-handle raised.