bibledit-development

[be] [bug #26310] OSIS converter and options for printing footnotes

From: Phil Fields
Subject: [be] [bug #26310] OSIS converter and options for printing footnotes
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:22:58 +0000

             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I am not sure how to describe this bug. I will quote our e-mail
conversation:

>From me:
> I want to ask about the OSIS converter, which you have rewritten. I
> > wrote to you before about the need to make Cross References and all
> > footnotes to be non-printing, in order to send the text to be
> > formatted for publishing trial versions in the Java Go Bible format
> > for cell phones. I have modified my files so that footnotes start *\f
> > + ... This makes it so that when the footnotes are not printed, a *
> > occurs in the text. This works if I print the text using the print
> > dialog. But the print dialog evidently doesn't go through the OSIS
> > converter. When I export the text to Openoffice format, it does go
> > through the OSIS converter, but all the footnotes and cross references
> > still appear.

Teus' response:
I do remember about the need to not print the footnotes, but it must
have slipped out of my mind when implementing that new usfm2osis
converter. It you file a bug against that converter, I can then
implement it after some time.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26310>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/