bibledit-development

Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time mysql server checking)

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time mysql server checking)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:06:04 +0100

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 18:33 -0800, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> bibledit-web seems to have included a copy of the smarty library within
> its codebase.  This is not allowed when packaging.  I'll need to change
> it to use the system-supplied already-packaged version(s) of smarty and
> smarty-gettext (does it actually use smarty-gettext, or just smarty?).

I tried to clean up the bibledit-web package, and started with moving
the included smarty library out of the bibledit-web package. And then to
use the version of smarty that comes with Ubuntu.

But problems soon rose. Some directories internal to the smarty package
were not found, or not configured correctly through the smarty
installer. Another problem was that even after installing
smarty-gettext, the package could not be located in the PHP
include_path.

So rather than looking into solving thisproblem, I decided to include
the whole smarty library in the bibledit-web package, just as it is now.

A glance over Google Code showed that some other software does the same.

Teus.