bibledit-development

Re: Bibledit Lite (was: Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time m

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: Bibledit Lite (was: Re: [be] Packages (bibledit-web and build time mysql server checking))
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:11:00 +0100

Hi Dan,

I was glad to read about Bibledit-Lite. You are fixing bugs and making
that Bibledit-Lite reaches a larger audience. It is good to hear all
these things. Do the translators like using Bibledit-Lite in your
organisation?

I am interested in the patch for config.xml.cpp, and any other patches
that fix corruptions or leaks. Good that you made it use less memory.
Thanks for offering the fix.

Quite a number of improvements you are planning. I am sure all of these
will result in a better bibledit-lite.exe.

The mystery you describe, about the screen jumping to the left,
Bibledit-Gtk had this same thing, but it no longer occurs now. Perhaps
the solution will apply to your situation as well. If I recall well,
there was something with the scrolledwindow in editor.cpp, its policy,
and how it interacts with the textview. I notice it now uses a viewport
as well in editor.cpp. I'd think that the problem lies somewhere there.

Teus