bibledit-general

Re: [be] PuppyLinux

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] PuppyLinux
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:47:15 +0200

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the offer to provide information if found. Running in Qemu is fine too, as long as networking is working too.

regards,

Teus.

Dennis Drescher wrote:
Hi Teus,

I know what you mean. If I can figure out how to do it I'll let you know. Puppy is very different in the way it does things.

The reason I'm interested is that I've seen Puppy run very well on some old hardware. I even got at a 200 MHz machine with 32 MB of ram to run with it. Couldn't do much but the fact that it even ran was rather amazing. I'm wondering if this might make it possible to run BE on older hardware or even off a flash drives which would make it very portable. Just green-lighting.

If I get it going in a virtual machine I'll let you know. BTW, would you be opposed to running it under QEMU? I've had better success with trying to get Puppy going under that.

In Him,

Dennis

Teus Benschop wrote:
Can't even manage to intall Puppy Linux under VMWare, else I would be happy to try BE on it. Teus.

Dennis Drescher wrote:
Has anyone tried running BE in PuppyLinux? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that. Thanks!

Dennis