bibledit-general

[be] usfm import

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] usfm import
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:05:58 +0200

Responding to another email:

1. The bug report that the check mark for "verses in raw text are
starting lines", even when that was checked, some in line numbers (in
cross references) still got caught as verse numbers. That was fixed.

2. Quote: It really would be nice to have an import routine like I
suggested that would be another check box, saying, "Import Text Only and
preserve BE formatting." Or another way would be to say, "Discover USFM
formatting using project ___ (multiple choice of open projects) as a
pattern." So the program would discover format (or import) based on the
pattern of either the current BE text or another model. Or, this would
mean that one could import something into project b while keeping the
poetry quotes and other formatting of project a.

I would say that this would not be an easy thing to do. But on the othe
hand, if it is not tried, we won't know. Feel free to submit a task for
this.

3. Quote: I have still not thoroughly tried the capabilities of BE for
comparing older text to newer text. When I asked for screen shots, you
pointed me to a text description. It would really help to have some
screenshots of the processes on the web pages.

Screenshots are very useful, but make the web pages, that are
distributed with bibledit, bloated. Any volunteers who can add this to
the wiki?

Teus.