bibledit-general

[be] Send/Receive error message

From: Oreo Warpok
Subject: [be] Send/Receive error message
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:14:06 -0600

In doing a Send/Receive with our remote repository, I got this error:

Already up-to-date.
Everything up-to-date
/home/oreo/.bibledit/projects/TSI master/data
# On branch master
# Changes to be committed:
#   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
#
# modified:   Ephesians/1/data
#
[master a20df70] commit
Auto-merging Ephesians/1/data
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Ephesians/1/data
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>From ssh://tsederhana.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/tsederhana/tsederhana
cdcea43..0aef273  master     -> origin/master
To ssh://address@hidden/gitroot/tsederhana/tsederhana
! [rejected]        master -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://address@hidden/gitroot/tsederhana/tsederhana'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes before pushing again.  See the 'Note about
fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

It seems that I have been given two things to do, and I can't tell which is right, or if I should do both. What does "unstage" mean?
And how do I get the remote changes so that I can "merge" them?

Phil
--
Oreo Phil         479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.