bibulus-dev

[Bibulus-dev] We have "full" functionality!

From: Thomas Widmann
Subject: [Bibulus-dev] We have "full" functionality!
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:00:09 +0100

Hi everybody!

I have great news for you!

I have now completed migrating to the new formatting model, and it
more or less works.  That is, it will cheerfully handle everything in
xampl.bib after it has been converted to XML, but the output is not
always exactly what we'd expect.  However, that is just a question of
finding the bugs.

I plan to skip a lot of version numbers when I release next time, so
expect a jump from the current 0.14 to 0.50 or thereabouts.

What we need to do before version 1.00:

- Finalise the DTD.

- Implement all the bells and whistles of Custom-bib.

- Implement full support for all citation styles (in text, in
  footnotes, legal, ...).

- Finalise bibulus.sty (integrates with above).

- Write a useful manual.

- Add language support for at least a couple of languages very
  different from English.

- Find all the bugs.

Have I forgotten anything?

/Thomas
--
Thomas Widmann          Bye-bye to BibTeX: join the Bibulus project now!
address@hidden                                <http://www.bibulus.org>