bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] Eq mode, was: Re: RHEL6 Patch

From: Stefan Eilemann
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] Eq mode, was: Re: RHEL6 Patch
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:00:55 +0100

Martin,

I have some more insight on this topic, although it is not fully clear to me
yet.

On 27. Nov 2011, at 19:46, Martin Lambers wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 19:28:06 +0100, Stefan Eilemann wrote:
>> On a related note, I tested the Equalizer mode using the
>> 2-channel.passive config, got no picture and the message 'last frame
>> was X seconds late, dropping next frame' with an ever increasing X. I
>> didn't have time to look into it, but do you have a hint where to
>> start digging?
>
> This happened to me with the latest Equalizer version from the
> repository (while testing the LANG=... problem), but not with 1.0.2. I
> did not yet look into this.
>
> Does it play anything at all in --benchmark mode (which never drops
> frames)?

I think the frame calculation has a bug:

- I use 2-channel.stereo.passive.eqc
- Swapsync is on, so the channels play at display refresh rate
- In normal mode bino drops all frames since it thinks it is always ~1 frame
late
- In benchmark mode it wrongly prints 12FPS even though it is playing at 24FPS
(stereo display refresh)

In fact, the swap sync mentioned in [1] seems to do the right thing even for
bino -- look at the Equalizer 'S'tatistics.

Cheers,

Stefan.

[1] https://github.com/Eyescale/Equalizer/issues/81

--