bino-list

[Bino-list] Newbie! Help understanding dual screens on OSX, as they are

From: Andrew
Subject: [Bino-list] Newbie! Help understanding dual screens on OSX, as they are not working
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:54:15 +0100

Hi There,

I'm trying to do something fairly simple.... here's what I have:

Apple Macbook (Late 2014, El Captan', with two Displayport to VGA adapters plugged in to the macbook.

A projector plugged in to each of the VGA adapters, ie I have the laptop screen and two projector screens.

What I'm wanting to do is to play two 'normal' videos, one on each projector. These are just plan MP4 files, no 3D or anything like that. My goal is just to play 2 videos in sync with eachother (ie to start playing at the same time, one on one projector and one on the other)

In Bino, I'm selecting 'Dual Screen' in the fullscreen settings, and selecting Screen 2 and 3.

I then File-Open and select the two video files.

Then, set 'Separate Streams, Left First' and set Output mode to 'Left/Right'.

In the 'preview' on the Bino window, the two videos are played sid by side - perfect. But when I click Full screen, only one video is played on one of the projectors, the other projector has the normal Desktop displayed - no video playback.

To test the screens, if I change Bino to play fullscreen on just a single Screen, I can pick screen 2 or screen 3, and a video will play on each projector, one at a time. But I can't seem to get it to play two videos, one on each projector.

Now, I' thinking that Bino doesn't like the multiple screen on a Mac perhaps... But I'm not sure...

Any suggestions?

I've tried Bino v1.6.1 and 1.4.4

Thanks!