[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [PATCH] Implement %define lr.default_rules.

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement %define lr.default_rules.
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 21:32:07 +0200

Le 23 avr. 09 à 10:19, Joel E. Denny a écrit :

Hi Joel,

+ /* We need a lookahead either to distinguish different reductions + (i.e., there are two or more), or to distinguish a reduction from a
+     shift.  Otherwise, it is straightforward, and the state is
+ `consistent'. However, for states that have any rules, treat only

I don't understand "states that have any rules".

It's been a couple of years since I wrote that, but I believe I was trying
to be consistent with "default rules".  I agree it's ugly for many
reasons.  I will change it to "states that have any reductions".

I realize now that the sentence is clearer if the phrase is completely
removed, so I removed it. That's probably what you were telling me. Let
me know if it's still not clear.


From 783b0f0a2d5e46696906fb6300695e5b384a7f78 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Joel E. Denny <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 03:18:03 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] Rename "default rule" to "default reduction".

This includes changing variable names in code, changing
comments, and renaming %define lr.default_rules to %define
* NEWS (2.5): Update IELR documentation.
* data/glr.c, data/, data/, data/yacc.c:
Adjust YYDEFACT and yydefact_ documentation.
* doc/bison.texinfo (Decl Summary): Adjust lr.default_reductions
and lr.type documentation.  Make some other wording
(Glossary): Adjust cross-references and Default Reduction
* src/lalr.c (state_lookahead_tokens_count): Adjust code.
Remove a confusing comment pointed out by Akim Demaille.
(initialize_LA): Adjust code.
* src/print-xml.c (print_reductions): Adjust code.
* src/print.c (print_reductions): Adjust code.
* src/reader.c (reader): Adjust code.
* src/tables.c (action_row): Adjust code.
(token_actions): Adjust code.
* src/tables.h: Adjust YYDEFACT documentation.
* tests/ (%define lr.default_rules invalid values):
Rename test group to...
(%define lr.default_reductions invalid values): ... this, and
update grammar file and expected output.
* tests/ (AT_TEST_LR_DEFAULT_RULES): Rename to...
(AT_TEST_LR_DEFAULT_REDUCTIONS): ... this, and update.

Wow, that change was much larger than I anticipated. But it is definitely an improvement, thanks!

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]