bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Image Viewer under kde

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Image Viewer under kde
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 22:52:38 +0200

On Friday 05 December 2003 19:40, ocean wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm looking for a full featured image viewer written
> for kde(similar to acdsee)...
> I have tried the ones available along with gnome but
> they aren't fully functional(e.g. you can't set an
> image as background of kde through right clicking!)

For image viewing I use gThumb. It's full featured nicely design
software. It's a gnome applicaiton, and it let's you select you Gnome
and XFCE background. But if you use KDE, then it might not be usefull
for you.

Kuickview as far as I know doesn't have the capability to select KDE
background.
In KDE I usually put all the images that I want to use in my background
in one directory, and then tell KDE to use that directory as
background. KDE will use all the images in tha directory, and will
change the background according to your defined interval. It's pretty
neat, having your background automatically changed every 5 minutes.

Now a days I mostly use XFCE, and this KDE feature (automatic background
changing) is one of the  features that I really miss in XFCE and Gnome.

Cheers

--
/*  Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc are all loans from the public
domain. They are not a property ('intellectual' or otherwise.) */

Aryan Ameri