bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Re: Farsi DICT

From: Arash Bijanzadeh
Subject: [linuxiran] Re: Farsi DICT
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:03:55 +0330

Hi Dale,
Expecial thanks for your interest in our language. I am afraid there is no
public domain dictionary resource for Farsi. We would try to get a resource
offering a web site for  the publisher, but till then there is no such a
thing. But we have some illegally hacked dictionaries  that you may want  for
your personal use.

Greetings
Arash
> سلام Salam,
>       Interestingly enough I am presently in search of any Farsi
> dictionaries ( bilingual, encyclopedia, thesaurus etc ).
>       I have been building language databases from public domain (PD)
> materials.  I have many scripts that parse to create dict and SQL
> compliant databases...
>
>       I would be grateful for any links or source material that you can
> provide me for creating a farsi-english dictionary.   Please keep me in
> mind if you find any source material.  I would be delighted to
> volunteer  my time to create a dict and SQL copy of any material I can
> get!
>

> PS:  If the source is not PD I would still be interested for my
> personal use.
> مرسى
> Cheers!
> Dale Einarson

> |  CONTACT
> |    Phone:  514-398-2619          Fax 514-398-8952
> |    email:  address@hidden
> |    Web:    http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~dale

> |  ADRESSE
> |   Dale Einarson
> |    Centre d'Imagerie Cérébrale McConnell
> |    l'Institut et hôpital neurologiques de Montréal
> |    Webster 2B #208,
> |    3801, Rue Université Montréal, Québec, H3A 2B4

> |  ADRESSE CIVIC
> |    104-527 Rue Des Pins Ouest
> |    Montréal, Québec, H2W-1S4

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.  The world owes you
nothing.  It was here first.
                -- Mark Twain