bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Stream metadata

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Stream metadata
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 15:56:01 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> What about something as simple as `bongo-use-stream-metadata'?
>
> If that is nil, then we don't do anything with the metadata
> and users can do exactly what they want using the hooks.

It would be strange if Bongo used metadata when that variable is nil,
even when it's only through user functions. And I think a user might
want to be able to turn off the user code with this variable.

It needs to be more customizable than this, in my opinion. At least
the buffer-changing feature should be customizable.

>    Take actions appropriate for when PLAYER's stream metadata changed.
>    This function runs the hooks `bongo-stream-metadata-changed-hook'
>    and `bongo-stream-metadata-changed-functions'.

That's OK.

> There is a host of assumptions made about infosets, many of
> which I am not particularly happy about, but I don't want to
> think about any of that stuff now.  (If you want to, I will
> participate in the discussion of course.)

Nah, let's leave it for now. =)

>> What about the genre metadata?
>
> I don't know.  You tell me. :-)
>
> Personally, I don't think it's important.  Just because the
> information is available doesn't mean we have to use it.

True. I just thought it was cool, that's all. I will maybe use it
somehow later, and then I'll tell you about it.