bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Header line flashing away

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Header line flashing away
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 04:05:23 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> But now it doesn't work again.  I'll play with it a bit
>>> and see if I figure out what's wrong.
>>
>> Okay.
>
> Note to self:  You didn't do that yet.

Now I did.  I eliminated some hook usage in the process,
replacing it with explicit calls.

The patch is sitting in the following repository:

   <http://wigwam.brockman.se/~dbrock/bongo/>

Please see if it works for you now.

>>> So it would be as simple as renaming the variable
>>> `bongo-defer-status-indicator-updates' to something
>>> more generic?  Something like `bongo-switching-track'?
>>> I guess the macro could be called `bongo-switch-track'.
>>
>> Yeah, or `bongo-with-track-switch'. Take your pick.
>
> I'd pick `with-bongo-track-switch' to get it highlighted.

I went with `with-immiment-bongo-player-start', because it
turns out that's more true to what the macro really does.

The variable `bongo-player-start-imminent' will be non-nil
if Bongo is just about to start a player.

In particular, Bongo is just about to start a player when it
is in the middle of switching tracks.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>