bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Missing function bongo-copy

From: Dieter Deyke
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Missing function bongo-copy
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:17:08 -0600

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> What if you type `C-c C-n', though?  I think that _should_
>>> mark the skipped song as played.  Do you agree?
>>
>> Yes, I do agree.  If you play a song, but decide to skip to
>> the next one, the interrupted one should be marked as played.
>
> What if you interrupt it using `C-c C-r'?
>
> What about using `RET' on another track?
>
> Is there a rule of thumb here?  When should the currently
> playing track be marked as played and when should it not?
>
> In my current version, tracks are only ever marked as played
> when actually finishing and by `C-c C-n' and `C-c C-p'.
>
> On a related note, should we add `C-c C-e' for skipping the
> currently playing track and marking it as played?

It really is not that important to me anymore.  In the past I was using
the "played" markup after loading a playlist to find the point where to
start playing again.  Now that this markup is not stored anymore, I have
to delete whatever was played before saving a playlist, and start with
the first song after loading.  I also got into the habit of using '1 C-c
C-s' to stop playback, and do not deal with half-played tracks anymore.

Do whatever you find to be the most logical choice, which probably is
the one most easily explained to a newcomer.

--
Dieter Deyke
mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden