bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Songs with Chinese names can not be played

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Songs with Chinese names can not be played
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:47:13 +0800

*On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 01:33:54 +0200
* Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> climbed out of the dark hell and cried out:

> What coding system do you use in your file system?

Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned coding system must be where the
problem is. I just tested it under my Ubuntu system and it works well.
The locale setting is zh_CN.UTF-8.

I found this problem under my Mac Mini with MacOSX 10.4.9 installed.
Under MacOSX locale setting is not set (and seems not needed). And I run
Emacs in Finder not from a shell. Seems I need do some study on how to
do this setting in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist.

At least I know it's not Bongo problem, but MacOSX setting problem.
Thanks Daniel.