bubblemon-list

Re: [Bubblemon-list] Slackware 9.1

From: Johan Walles
Subject: Re: [Bubblemon-list] Slackware 9.1
Date: 12 Oct 2003 19:02:10 +0200

Hi!

I can't say for certain, but the issue is probably that GNOME isn't set
up to look for stuff under /usr/local per default.  My guess is you
build with "./configure && make && make install".  Bubblemon got
installed under /usr/local and GNOME can't find it.

This can be worked around two ways.  The simplest is if you "./configure
--prefix=/usr".  The trickier way is to tell GNOME to look under
/usr/local as well.  I haven't managed to get that working fully, but
good enough.  I documented my findings in the CVS FAQ (it's number
twelve):

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/bubblemon/bubblemon/FAQ?rev=HEAD&only_with_tag=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

If you decide to do it the hard way and manage to get the panel menu
entry icon working, please post here how you did it, I'd like to add
that to the FAQ as well.

  Have fun!  //Johan