[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 11.86; auctex does not work properly if TeX-engine is s

From: Carlos Russo
Subject: Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 11.86; auctex does not work properly if TeX-engine is set to luatex
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:42:31 +0000


As I said, I'm using Aquamacs 2.1.

Here's how I can reproduce the bug:

Step 1: Open Aquamacs by calling it from the command line
/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs -Q -l auctex

Step 2: C-x C-f to open the attached file test.tex 
Step 3 (optional): Go to menu "Command"->"TeXing options", enable "Generate PDF"
Step 3: Press C-c C-c. Aquamacs offers to compile, I press Return and a 
test.pdf  is produced.
Step 4: Press C-c C-c again. Emacs offers to view the file. It contains the 
text "This file was compiled using LaTeX"

Step 4: Go to menu "Command"->"TeXing options" and select "Use LuaTeX engine"
Step 5: delete all files except for test.tex
Step 6: Press C-c C-c, Aquamacs offers to compile, I press Return and the files 
texput.{aux,log,pdf}  are produced. I was expecting test.{aux,log,pdf} files
Step 7: Press C-c C-c, Aquamacs offers to compile, instead of offering to view 
the pdf file. I suppose this happens because there is no test.pdf file,i.e, the 
filename is wrong.

If I open the file texput.pdf, I get the desired output. There seems to be some 
problem while handling the input options of lualatex.
If I run lualatex --version I get:

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.2-2010071217 (TeX Live 2010) (rev 3736)

I confirm that this also happens while using auctex 11.86 and:
* Aquamacs nightly (3.x dev);
* Mac OSX 10.6 built-in version of GNU Emacs (22.1.1).

Moreover, I installed the CVS version of auctex with GNU Emacs (22.1.1)'s.
The texput.* files are still being produced while using LuaTeX

Could this be a LuaTeX issue rather than AUCTEX's ?


On Feb 27, 2011, at 15:53 , Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * Carlos Russo (2011-02-25) writes:
>> Imagine that I am editing a file "test.tex" and it is a valid lualatex
>> file.  If I run customize the variable TeX-Engine by setting it to
>> LuaTeX, I'm expecting that lualatex is called whenever I press C-c C-c
>> and choose "LaTeX".  Indeed lualatex runs and compiles the file, but
>> the files that are produced are called "texput.aux", "texput.pdf" and
>> "texput.synctex.gz" rather than "test.*".
> I cannot reproduce this here.  (I'm using the development version of
> AUCTeX but I doubt this makes a difference because there haven't been
> changes to the engine handling since the last release.)  Please provide
> a step-by-step description for reproducing the problem, starting with
> `emacs -Q -l auctex'.  The testcase should ideally also include a sample
> file.
> -- 
> Ralf

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]