[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Error building Bison 2.6.5 on OS X Mountain Lion

From: Tomislav Krznar
Subject: Re: Error building Bison 2.6.5 on OS X Mountain Lion
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:54:38 +0100

2012/11/26 Akim Demaille <address@hidden>:
> Le 26 nov. 2012 à 09:54, Stefano Lattarini <address@hidden> a écrit :
>> Hi Akim.
>> On 11/26/2012 08:58 AM, Akim Demaille wrote:
>>> Le 25 nov. 2012 à 09:45, John Horigan <address@hidden> a écrit :
>>>> I got the following error while compiling under OS X Mountain Lion:
>>>> rm -f hr.gmo && /usr/local/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics --verbose -o hr.gmo
>>>> hr.po
>>>> hr.po:8: nplurals = 3...
>>>> hr.po:85: ...but some messages have only 2 plural forms
>>>> /usr/local/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
>>>> hr.po: 191 translated messages, 9 fuzzy translations, 2 untranslated
>>>> messages.
>>>> make[3]: *** [hr.gmo] Error 1
>>>> make[2]: *** [stamp-po] Error 2
>>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>>> I was able to compile using
>>>> ./configure --disable-nls
>>>> It appears that Croatian has three plural forms. But the message at line 81
>>>> of hr.po only has two plural forms. Adding a third form at line 87 allows
>>>> Bison to build with NLS support. Now we need a Croatian speaker to provide
>>>> the correct three plural forms for the shift/reduce conflict message.
>>> Hi John,
>>> We did have such an error in the past, in the development versions of Bison,
>> FWIW, I'm seeing this problem too, when trying to bootstrap Bison
>> from git master (not when building from the tarball though).
> Hi Stefano,
> Yeah, likewise after a "make refresh-po".  Weird, this is a regression,
> Théophile had already reported this a while ago, and it was fixed.
> Hi Translators!
> Could someone fix this issue please?  Thanks in advance!
> (And thanks in retrospect for all the work you already did :)


As I can see from the error report, this po file has total of 202
messages, while all po files available for translation on
translationproject.org have at most 200 messages. Unfortunately, since
I don't have access to the git repository, I'm unable to fix this. As
a workaround, you can add empty third string (or copy the contents of
second string) if the Croatian translation isn't that important for
your work. Alternatively, you can send me the po file, and when I fix
it, you can send it to someone who has write access and can update it.
However, since all translations are handled through
translationproject.org, I'd recommend that developers upload the new
pot file there.
Whatever your choice is, please inform me so I can take necessary actions.


Tomislav Krznar
tomislav (dot) krznar (at) gmail (dot) com

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]