[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
Mark - I have two requests for you regarding managing versions. Please
let me know if these make sense:
1. Can you please create a tag in SVN when you make a release?
Internally it does this through links so it doesn't take up extra
space in the repository, and it lets us associate SVN revision
numbers with cfengine releases. i.e., when you make a release just
svn copy http://svn/repos/trunk http://svn/repos/tags/2.1.15 -m "Tagging 2.1.15"
2. Because there was an incompatible network protocol change in
2.1.14, would you consider promoting the next release to a
bigger minor number, like 2.2.1? Based on email and IRC traffic
this change has wreaked a lot of havoc for people. The big jump
would be a better indication that this is not just a bugfix
Thanks for your consideration.
- Eric Sorenson - N37 17.255 W121 55.738 - http://eric.explosive.net -
- Personal colo with a professional touch - http://www.explosive.net -
- Versioning Administrivia,
Eric Sorenson <=