[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#10317: PING - bug#10317: patch to su: -l and -p should not be used t
bug#10317: PING - bug#10317: patch to su: -l and -p should not be used together
Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:19:44 +0100
Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> It's been a couple of months since I first sent this was sent without nary
> an ack. Comments?
su is barely on life support in coreutils.
Meaning that it's no longer really maintained.
We stopped installing it (by default) back in the 2007-2008
time frame (6.9.90, 7.0). We nearly removed it altogether.
Do you build/install coreutils yourself, or use it via a distribution?
If the latter, which distribution?
I don't remember looking carefully at your patch before,
but glanced through it just now. Here are some suggestions
if you'd like to pursue it:
- use "error (0, 0, ...", not fprintf (
- indent with spaces, not TABs
- use gnu indentation/formatting style (esp. wrt braces)
- mention the change in NEWS
- for a behavior change like this, we would like a test case