[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Bug-ddrescue] Slowness during recovery

From: colo
Subject: Re: [Bug-ddrescue] Slowness during recovery
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:14:12 -0500

So I went ahead and tried to patch an older 1.6 
from the post below. I am very head strong and stubborn so I did try.

sudo ./ddrescue -B -d -v -r0 /dev/disk2s3 /Volumes/Lacie/testthree/savepleasethrid.dmg savepleasetwo.log

I know a tiny tiny bit of C so me f'ng up is easy.
Here is the main.cc file that I tried to hand patch.

And here is the console output
Initial status (read from logfile)
rescued:         0 B,  errsize:       0 B,  errors:       0
Current status
rescued:         0 B,  errsize:  8126 PiB,  current rate:        0 B/s
   ipos:    8126 PiB,   errors:       1,    average rate:        0 B/s
   opos:    8126 PiB
ddrescue: internal error: bad size copying a Block

This portion    ipos:    8126 PiB
was constantly updating it's self in the terminal, something that never happened before. It usually takes 30 sec to a minute to get back an update.

I made a modification to main.cc so to support ddrescue's direct mode ("-d") when running on Mac OS X or Darwin systems. It seems to work-- in my test case, without -d a volume copy (with around 300 errors) took more than twice as long.
I don't know enough about configure to make this compile in automatically; just use this to

See previous email...

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]