[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Bug-ddrescue] GNU ddrescue 1.22 released
Antonio Diaz Diaz
[Bug-ddrescue] GNU ddrescue 1.22 released
Mon, 06 Feb 2017 00:35:16 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14
I am pleased to announce the release of GNU ddrescue 1.22.
GNU ddrescue is a data recovery tool. It copies data from one file or
block device (hard disc, cdrom, etc) to another, trying to rescue the
good parts first in case of read errors.
GNU Ddrescuelog is a tool that manipulates ddrescue mapfiles, shows
mapfile contents, converts mapfiles to/from other formats, compares
mapfiles, tests rescue status, and can delete a mapfile if the rescue is
The homepage is at http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html
The sources can be downloaded from http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/ddrescue/
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/ddrescue/ or from your
favorite GNU mirror.
The sha1sum is:
This release is also GPG signed. You can download the signature by
appending ".sig" to the URL.
Changes in version 1.22:
* The option '-X, --exit-on-error' has been replaced by '-X,
--max-read-errors'. This introduces a backward incompatibility with
versions 1.19 to 1.21 in that option '-X' now requires an argument. The
long form '--exit-on-error' is still accepted, but will be removed in a
future version of ddrescue.
* The new option '--max-slow-reads' has been added. It makes ddrescue
exit with status 1 if too many slow reads are encountered during the
* The new option '--delay-slow' has been added. It sets the initial
delay before ddrescue starts checking for slow reads.
* The new option '--reset-slow' has been added. It resets the slow
reads counter every time the read rate reaches or surpasses
* The new option '--log-events' has been added. It logs all
significant events in a file, indicating the time, the percentage
rescued, and a message describing the event.
* The new option '--mapfile-interval' has been added. It changes the
interval at which ddrescue saves and fsyncs the mapfile.
* The new option '--pause-on-error' has been added. It makes (or
simulates) a pause after each read error.
* The option '--pause' has been renamed to '--pause-on-pass'.
* The option '--max-errors' has been renamed to '--max-bad-areas'.
* Ddrescue now shows the number of read errors, the error rate and
(if a --min-read-rate is specified) the number of slow reads.
* The 'current_pass' field has been added to the mapfile. This allows
the copying phase to resume instead of restart from pass 1. It also
allows the retrying phase to resume in the same direction it was
* Two new passes have been added to the copying phase. Sometimes
there is a significant difference in read speed and likelihood of data
recovery between blocks skipped due to slow areas, and blocks skipped
due to read failures. Two passes have been inserted after pass 2 that
read the blocks skipped due to slow areas (if any) before the final
sweeping pass (which now is pass 5).
* The '--cpass' option now accepts ranges of passes; '--cpass=1-4'.
* The option '-K, --skip-size' now accepts sizes up to 1 EiB.
* The initial skip size now defaults to (infile_size / 100_000) with
a minimum value of 64 KiB.
* The minimum read rate of good non-tried areas is no longer reduced
after each pass, and now only affects passes 1 and 2.
* During the trimming phase, if any edge of a non-trimmed block is
already adjacent to a bad sector, it is considered as already trimmed
and is not trimmed again.
* The 's' multiplier may now be appended to any of the other
multipliers. For example, 'ks' = kilosectors (1000 * sector_size), or
'Kis' = kibisectors (1024 * sector_size).
* Options '--ask' and '-vv' now always show file size, even if model
and serial number are also shown.
* Device model and serial number are now shown with '--ask' or '-vv'
on Cygwin. (Patch written by Christian Franke).
* The tried size (non-trimmed + non-scraped + bad-sector sizes) is
now shown in the initial status.
* The new option '-A, --annotate-mapfile' has been added to
ddrescuelog. It adds comments to a mapfile containing the positions and
sizes of the blocks in human-readable form.
Please send bug reports and suggestions to address@hidden
Antonio Diaz, GNU ddrescue author and maintainer.
If you are distributing software compressed with xz, please consider
using lzip instead. See http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/xz_inadequate.html
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Bug-ddrescue] GNU ddrescue 1.22 released,
Antonio Diaz Diaz <=