[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sat, 08 Sep 2018 01:05:31 +0200
KMail/5.1.3 (Linux/4.4.0-134-generic; KDE/5.18.0; x86_64; ; )
Eric Blake wrote:
> There, I argue that we also need posix_spawn_file_actions_addfchdir(),
> in part because it lets us get the same power as openat() in determining
> how relative file names are resolved in relation to an fd.
The use-case is, AFAIU, the 'find' program: when it recurses through
deep directory hierarchies, it uses openat() to avoid producing too
long file names. Right?
The Austin Group may want to introduce posix_spawn_file_actions_addfchdir
OR posix_spawn_file_actions_addopenat and posix_spawn_file_actions_addchdirat.
AFAICS, you wouldn't need both in the standard. So, I would wait until the
Austin Group has debated this alternative.
Re: Introduce posix_spawn, Tavian Barnes, 2018/09/10
- Re: Introduce posix_spawn, (continued)
- Re: Introduce posix_spawn, Bruno Haible, 2018/09/07
- Re: Introduce posix_spawn, Eric Blake, 2018/09/07
- Re: Introduce posix_spawn, Bernhard Voelker, 2018/09/08
- Re: Introduce posix_spawn, Eric Blake, 2018/09/10
- Re: posix_spawn_file_actions_addchdir, Bruno Haible, 2018/09/07
- Re: posix_spawn_file_actions_addchdir, Eric Blake, 2018/09/07
- Re: posix_spawn_file_actions_addchdir,
Bruno Haible <=