bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Emacs/JDE browser error (winXP problem?)


From: Joseph Nunn
Subject: Emacs/JDE browser error (winXP problem?)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 18:27:39 -0500 (EST)

To: address@hidden
Subject: browser-error
--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English, because the Emacs maintainers do not have
translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the address@hidden mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

In GNU Emacs 21.1.1 (i386-msvc-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2001-10-22 on buffy
configured using `configure --with-msvc (12.00)'
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

I've just installed the newest versions of emacs 21.1, cygwin, and jde
2.2.8 on my brand new win xp system ( sorry, I know you guys probably
haven't had a chance to check this os out), along with the latest jdk 1.4
beta 3 from sun.  Everything seems to work fine, however I cannot run the
demo applets from the jdk inside emacs.  I get a nil variable error as
follows.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable browse-url-new-window-p)
         jde-run-applet()
         jde-run-menu-run-applet()
         call-interactively(jde-run-menu-run-applet)

Compiling the applet seems to work fine, and I think that if it was a
stand alone app it would work fine as well.  I checked the settings in the
browse-url package, and my default browser that it will call will be
iexplorer (running the java plugin of course).

I think this may be related to using IE, but of course I'm not sure, maybe
I need to set something or byte compile a file.  A few of the files that
came with the jde wouldn't byte compile the first time around, a compile
later would work, although only for some.  This has not caused any
problems so far, so I don't think this will be the case.

I've fiddled with the customize-group browse-url settings, but get the
same bug.  I also thought that maybe browse-url wasn't being loaded, so I
tried requiring it explicitly in the .emacs file, but that didn't work.  I
also notice that I cannot see any documentation on the jde in emacs, i get
the same error.  

Overall, I think the error may be because I am using win xp and the
browse-url package has some incompatibility with it.  I'm going to dust
off my lisp book and dig around but if you guys have an idea let me know.


THanks!

Joe

Recent input:
C-x d . . / . . <return> C-x d j <tab> d <tab> a p 
<tab> a n <tab> <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <files> <open-file> 
<menu-bar> <JDE> <Run Applet> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<report-emacs-bug>

Recent messages:
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
Loading dired...done
Reading directory c:/...done
Reading directory c:/j2sdk1.4.0-beta3/demo/applets/Animator/...done
Setting JDE variables to startup values... [2 times]
jde-run-menu-run-applet: 
Loading debug...done
Entering debugger...
 [2 times]
Loading emacsbug...done






reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]