[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:26:30 -0500 (EST)
After doing a build of emacs on Windows with MinGW (configure, make bootstrap,
.., make install) I found that then doing a make clean, make failed.
Specifically: there was an "access denied" message for temacs.exe during the
make step. (I'm new to building emacs on Windows but presumably a make clean,
make after the original build should work).
After a little poking around I discovered that the problem is that during the
build a dummy temacs.exe file is being created with only rw permissions (see
Later in the build, when temacs.exe is created from temacs.bin by using
addsection, apparently the permissions (rw) from the existing temacs.exe file
are kept thus resulting in a temacs.exe file without executable permission.
So: the simple fix I've done is to delete any existing temacs.exe file just
before using addsection to create the file.
The attachment with a fix is a diff -u against the current HEAD
src/makefile.w32-in (revision 1.56).
Description: Binary data
- [PATCH] src/makefile.w32-in,
Bill Meier <=