bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#2761: marked as done (Tibetan font selection broken)


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#2761: marked as done (Tibetan font selection broken)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 01:50:06 +0000

Your message dated Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:44:48 +0900
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: bug#2761: Acknowledgement (Tibetan font selection broken)
has caused the Emacs bug report #2761,
regarding Tibetan font selection broken
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
2761: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=2761
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Tibetan font selection broken Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:11:43 +0900
In article <address@hidden>, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> This change:

> 2009-03-05  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>

>       * font.c (font_select_entity): New function.
>       (font_find_for_lface): Use font_select_entity to select a font.

>       * fontset.c (fontset_find_font): If a font found without
>       restricting of the characters C doen't support C, try to find a
>       font with C restriction.

> has broken display of tibetan characters.  The characters are no longer
> found in the gnu-unicode font.  Instead a weird, one-pixel wide empty
> box is shown for each font (see the attached snapshot).  I have also
> attached the font logs from before and after that change.

Actually this change revealed two bugs.

> The problem appears to be that the font encoding muletibetan-0 is
> unknown to Emacs.  The only reference is in
> face-font-registry-alternatives, which is not used by
> find_font_encoding.

Yes.  That's one bug.  I added an entry for muletibetan-0 in
font-encoding-alist.

Another bug is the handling of unknown encoding in X font
backend, which caused that weird one-pixel wide empty box.
I fixed that too.

But, please note that these fixes results in selecting the
font:
  -tibmdxa-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-*-72-72-m-160-muletibetan-0
instead of the gnu-unicode font in your environment.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: bug#2761: Acknowledgement (Tibetan font selection broken) Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:44:48 +0900
Opened by mistake.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden


--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]