bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#4005: marked as done (23.1.50; Wrong type argument: characterp ...)


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#4005: marked as done (23.1.50; Wrong type argument: characterp ...)
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:15:06 +0000

Your message dated Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:10:39 -0400
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: 23.1.50; Wrong type argument: characterp ...
has caused the Emacs bug report #4005,
regarding 23.1.50; Wrong type argument: characterp ...
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
4005: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4005
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: 23.1.50; Wrong type argument: characterp ... Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 21:05:10 +0100 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (darwin)
Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

1. In shell create a new dir and
   - touch k.tex
   - touch .dir-locals.el with the following:

     ((latex-mode . ((fill-column . 78))))

2. Emacs -q k.tex

3. C-h v fill-column RET

Backtrace:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument characterp 
"/Users/ford/kkt/")
  describe-variable(fill-column)
  call-interactively(describe-variable nil nil)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc/DEBUG for instructions.


In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS apple-appkit-949.46)
 of 2009-07-26 on neutron.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.949
configured using `configure  '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: LaTeX/MP

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  reftex-mode: t
  LaTeX-math-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: 23.1.50; Wrong type argument: characterp ... Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:10:39 -0400
> 1. In shell create a new dir and
>    - touch k.tex
>    - touch .dir-locals.el with the following:

>      ((latex-mode . ((fill-column . 78))))
>
> 2. Emacs -q k.tex
>
> 3. C-h v fill-column RET
>
> Backtrace:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument characterp
> "/Users/ford/kkt/")

Thanks, I've checked in a fix.

--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]