bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#4119: marked as done (23.0.96; wrong command example in PROBLEMS)


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#4119: marked as done (23.0.96; wrong command example in PROBLEMS)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:00:06 +0000

Your message dated Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:55:10 -0400
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: bug#4119: 23.0.96; wrong command example in PROBLEMS
has caused the Emacs bug report #4119,
regarding 23.0.96; wrong command example in PROBLEMS
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
4119: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4119
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: 23.0.96; wrong command example in PROBLEMS Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:09:34 +0200
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the address@hidden mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:



etc/PROBLEMS gives the command example:

         emacs -q -batch -f list-load-path-shadows

However, it should be

         emacs -q --batch -f list-load-path-shadows

(Note the "--" in front of "batch").




In GNU Emacs 23.0.96.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20)
 of 2009-07-30 on mnz66.mn-solutions.de, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20090725-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70101000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 
'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' 
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' 
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' 
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.0.96/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.0.96/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 
'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g 
-O2''


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: bug#4119: 23.0.96; wrong command example in PROBLEMS Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:55:10 -0400 User-agent: Gnus (www.gnus.org), GNU Emacs (www.gnu.org/software/emacs/)
"Holger Schurig" wrote:

> etc/PROBLEMS gives the command example:
>
>        emacs -q -batch -f list-load-path-shadows
>
> However, it should be
>
>        emacs -q --batch -f list-load-path-shadows


A single "-" works fine too, as you can see eg from EMACSOPT in
lisp/Makefile.in in the Emacs sources. Or by testing it.

--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]