bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#4052: marked as done (Emacs hangs with C-u C-u lrgep)


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#4052: marked as done (Emacs hangs with C-u C-u lrgep)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:05:07 +0000

Your message dated Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:58:55 +0300
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: bug#4052: Emacs hangs with C-u C-u lrgep
has caused the Emacs bug report #4052,
regarding Emacs hangs with C-u C-u lrgep
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
4052: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4052
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Emacs hangs with C-u C-u lrgep Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 01:17:43 +0300 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
Emacs hangs and every keystroke beeps with error messages like

  cd: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
  file-remote-p: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

because `C-u C-u M-x lrgep M-p RET' sets `default-directory' to nil.

I believe this is the correct fix:

Index: lisp/progmodes/grep.el
===================================================================
RCS file: /sources/emacs/emacs/lisp/progmodes/grep.el,v
retrieving revision 1.102
diff -u -r1.102 grep.el
--- lisp/progmodes/grep.el      8 Jul 2009 14:24:00 -0000       1.102
+++ lisp/progmodes/grep.el      5 Aug 2009 22:17:36 -0000
@@ -827,7 +827,7 @@
                                          command nil nil 'grep-history))
            (add-to-history 'grep-history command))))
       (when command
-       (let ((default-directory dir))
+       (let ((default-directory (or dir default-directory)))
          ;; Setting process-setup-function makes exit-message-function work
          ;; even when async processes aren't supported.
          (compilation-start (if (and grep-use-null-device null-device)

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/


--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: bug#4052: Emacs hangs with C-u C-u lrgep Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:58:55 +0300 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
> Emacs hangs and every keystroke beeps with error messages like
>
>   cd: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>   file-remote-p: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> because `C-u C-u M-x lrgep M-p RET' sets `default-directory' to nil.
>
> I believe this is the correct fix:

Fixed.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]