[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#4836: Further information on the "<packet> undefined" error w/ keypr
bug#4836: Further information on the "<packet> undefined" error w/ keypress-modifying software?
Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:06:41 -0500
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100608 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1
I just ran across a small annoyance today, and in looking for a solution
ran across these two bugs. 4836 sounds like it's very closely related to
what I'm seeing, and there's some discussion about how it relates to
4814, so here goes.
Using Emacs >=23 with AllChars causes an error message "<packet>
is undefined" to appear when entering a compose key sequence.
How I did caused the bug to surface:
- Install AllChars (http://sourceforge.net/projects/allchars/).
This is a program that gives Windows a compose key feature.
- Install Emacs >=23.
- Start AllChars with the default configuration, start Emacs.
- Try to use a compose-key sequence, e.g. '<compose> / o' or
'<compose> ` a'. (By default, <compose> is <menu>, but I tried
another option or two.)
- In Emacs 22.3, the composed character (ø or à) shows up as
- In Emacs 23.1 and 23.2, as well as CVS Emacs distributed at
ntemacs.sourceforge.net, an error in the minibuffer is
displayed: "<packet> is undefined"
Hopefully this'll help.
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- bug#4836: Further information on the "<packet> undefined" error w/ keypress-modifying software?,
Evan Driscoll <=