[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#9652: emacs should use italic faces on terminal emulators which supp
bug#9652: emacs should use italic faces on terminal emulators which support italic fonts
Sun, 2 Oct 2011 16:19:02 +0200
Dear emacs developers,
Emacs shows italic faces as underlined in terminal emulators
which support italic fonts ...
... but should use italic instead.
Recipe to reproduce the bug:
start a terminal emulator which supports italic fonts (e.g.
- rxvt-unicode -fn "xft:courier new"
- echo -e '\e[3mitalics\e[m'
--> enjoy italic face
- emacs-snapshot -Q -nw ~/italics.org #org-mode supports italics
- type "/italics/ *bold* _underlined_"
--> "italics" and "underlined" are underlined instead of italics
Thanks for considering this feature request and emacs in general, Gregor
- bug#9652: emacs should use italic faces on terminal emulators which support italic fonts,
Gregor Zattler <=