[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#24089: 25.1; Dired: diff error on = <RET> if the file has a backup i
Jorge Morais Neto
bug#24089: 25.1; Dired: diff error on = <RET> if the file has a backup inside .~/
Tue, 15 Nov 2016 14:14:47 -0200
On 6 August 2016 at 07:18, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> I committed the patch to the master branch, and I'm marking this bug
> done. Thanks a lot for reporting this subtle bug and for testing the
I found a problem with the solution to this bug. The solution could be further
My Emacs init file is "~/.emacs.d/init.el". It has numbered backups in
"~/.emacs.d/.~/". It is true that with the existing fix, I can invoke
dired-diff on init.el and immediately hit RET, and it will work as expected.
However, I often want to compare with an earlier backup.Therefore, I want to be
1. Pull into the minibuffer (with M-n) the path to the latest backup, so I could
edit it to become the path of an earlier backup. Or even better,
2. Pull into the minibuffer (with M-n) the path to the latest backup, and get
the path of earlier and earlier backups with successive invocations of M-n.
The current fix lacks both of these features.
• I am Brazilian. I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.
• Free (as in free speech) software for Android: https://f-droid.org/
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- bug#24089: 25.1; Dired: diff error on = <RET> if the file has a backup inside .~/,
Jorge Morais Neto <=