Sorry for being unclear:
Here it is a summary of the gist from the previous mail is doing:
1. Prepare json string to parse
2. Set counter my/call-counter to 0
3. Create function my/test-query-function which will increase the counter.
4. Add this function to 'kill-buffer-query-functions.
5. Parse the string from 1). using json-parse-string
6. At this point, my/call-counter is 32982 which means that json-parse-string has triggered 32982 calls to my/test-query-function . I would add also that the number of strings in the json file that I am using is exactly 32982 so I suspect that the issue is related to json_make_string .
What I am unable to provide is a minimal example so you could reproduce this behaviour on your side using emacs -Q.