[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#49695: 27.2; wrap-prefix text property doesn't work with display pro
bug#49695: 27.2; wrap-prefix text property doesn't work with display property
Thu, 22 Jul 2021 21:51:23 +0900
Wanderlust/2.15.9 (Almost Unreal) SEMI-EPG/1.14.7 (Harue) FLIM-LB/1.14.9 (Gojō) APEL-LB/10.8 EasyPG/1.0.0 Emacs/27.2 (x86_64-w64-mingw32) MULE/6.0 (HANACHIRUSATO)
wrap-prefix text property doesn't work properly when a character with display
property is in the beginning of a line. Here is how to reproduce.
1. Goto *scratch* buffer
2. Evaluate below preconditioning function.
(defun preconditioning ()
(insert "This is a sample text.\n")
(put-text-property (line-beginning-position) (line-end-position)
'wrap-prefix " ")
(search-forward "This is a ")
(put-text-property (point) (1+ (point)) 'display "X")
3. Execute it with M-x preconditioning
4. Confirm the text "This is a sample text." is inserted in the beginning of
the buffer and your cursor is as well. Note that this text has wrap-prefix
property and "X" is the character which has display property.
5. Start typing spaces (or any character) and observe how the text is wrapped.
6. You will see wrap-prefix works correctly until wrapped point gets "X" like:
This is a Xample
7. However, you will see it doesn't work when "X" gets in the beginning of the
This is a
This issue is reproducible either word-wrap is nil or t, and also with Emacs
- bug#49695: 27.2; wrap-prefix text property doesn't work with display property,
Shingo Tanaka <=