|Subject:||Again - Unable to compile gnustep-baseadd with apple-apple-apple|
|Date:||Thu, 8 Jan 2004 21:31:05 +0100|
From: Stéphane Corthésy <address@hidden>
Date: December 27, 2003 6:37:50 PM CET
Subject: Unable to compile gnustep-baseadd with apple-apple-apple
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.609)
I tried to compile gnustep base, from CVS sources, on Darwin, using apple-apple-apple combo, but failed to (I installed gnustep-make before and did the compilation using gnustep native system, not MacOSX files).
There are two main problems: linker is unable to link gnustep-baseadd, due to a problem with libxml2,
Linking library libgnustep-baseadd ...
ld: Additions/./shared_obj/subproject.o illegal reference to symbol: _getColumnNumber defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
and make wants to compile SSL bundle whereas it shouldn't do it for apple-apple-apple.
I don't know what to do.
Then here are some patches for sources:
- In Source/Additions/GSLock.m: we need to #include "GNUstepBase/GSCategories.h" to get definition of -[GSLazyLock gcFinalize] and -[GSLazyRecursiveLock gcFinalize]
- In Source/Additions/GSObjCRuntime.m and GSXML.m: we need to declare +[NSObject methodForSelector:] somewhere to avoid compiler warnings, because Apple forgot to do it (this bug has been filed to Apple).
- In Source/Additions/GSXML.m: we need to declare
+ (id) _newWithNativePointer: (xmlXPathObject *)lib
context: (GSXPathContext *)context;
at the beginning of the file, to avoid compiler warning. In @implementation GSXMLParser, the variable must be of type NSHashTable* instead of NSMapTable*
- In Tools/AGSHtml.m: at lines 1577/1579/1583, local variable "name" should be renamed "nam", because there is already a variable "name" in parent block.
- In Tools/AGSOutput.m: at line 1846, variable "c" should be initialised with 0, to avoid compiler warning
BTW, gsweb uses objc_thread_id() implemented in thr-pthread.m, but this file is not compiled when we compile only gnustepbase-add.
One more thing: isn't gnustep make system able to create a framework out of gnustepbase-add?
Bug-gnustep mailing list
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|